What an exciting evening, full of gripping moments, interesting talks and many famous faces from politics, economics and society. Award of the Entrepreneur of the Year 2016 took place last Friday in Berlin – the business award of the world’s leading auditing and consulting firm EY. For the twentieth time now, an independent jury of reputable economics experts has acknowledged the impressive growth rates, major innovations and the personal commitments of the best medium-sized companies in Germany.
“It is continuously fascinating to witness the innovative business ideas of our country. In this year also, I have again been highly impressed by these businesswomen and businessmen.” Hubert Barth, Chairman of the Board at EY.
Following a multistage, rigorous selection process, 35 companies finally reached the final round of “Entrepreneur of the Year 2016“. And our founders, Dr. Hanna Köpcke, Sabine Maßmann and Carina Röllig, also ranked amongst the finalists of this multilevel competition.
The key to success
Above all, the ability to react to altering market conditions with innovative products and services amounted to the most decisive success factor of those companies nominated. As a result, these invested way above the average in new innovations so that new developments could be placed rapidly on the market. The market, therefore, is constantly in motion and open for new developments. A further cornerstone to success is qualified, as well as highly motivated, staff.
Entrepreneur of the Year 2016 – The awards ceremony
The elegant awards ceremony took place on November 18th at the German Historical Museum in Berlin with Peer Steinbrück in attendance. The prize was awarded in the categories of Services/IT, Industry, Consumer Goods/Retail and Startups. Additionally, an Honorary Award for Family Businesses was also given.
The independent expert jury
The jury, consisting of
- Dr. Patrick Adenauer, Managing Partner at Bauwens GmbH & Co. KG,
- Prof. Dr. Ulrike Detmers, Partner and Member of the Executive Committee at Mestemacher-Gruppe,
- Florian Nöll, Chairman of the Executive Board of the Federal Association at German Startups e. V.,
- Prof. Dr. Christine Volkmann, Chair of Entrepreneurship and Economic Development & UNESCO Chair of Entrepreneurship and Intercultural Management, Schumpeter School of Business and Economics, University of Wuppertal, and
- Dr. Manfred Wittenstein, Chairman of the Supervisory Board at WITTENSTEIN AG.,
defined in advance the following five criteria, upon which the success of the businesswomen and businessmen were evaluated:
- Personal commitment of the entrepreneur,
- Sustainability of company development,
- Responsibility for staff and company
- Innovative powers, as well as
- Vision and future potential.
Even when we don’t count among those lucky awardees of “Entrepreneur of the Year” this time around, we share our happiness with the winners, as well as the nominees, and remain thankful to EY for an unforgettable evening.
Source of Photos: Redcarpet Reports/EY